Most of our direct individual clinical services are provided by Jeff Georgi & Associates, LLC
Our goal is to provide an open, supportive, and confidential environment for you to address the issues that are concerning you. To schedule a first appointment, called an initial consultation, simply call our office at (919) 286-1600 or email us at email@example.com
Who can benefit from counseling?
Just about anyone can benefit. No problem is too big or small. Listed below are just a few examples of some common concerns:
- Symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression
- Interpersonal difficulties, family problems, romantic relationship concerns, problems with assertiveness, and other issues
- Bereavement and grief related to the loss of a loved one
- Questions/confusion about identity, self-image, sexuality, gender, or religious concerns
- Concerns about body image, food, eating, or weight, as well as treatment for eating disorders
- Experience with sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, abuse, or other trauma
- Thoughts of suicide, death, or hurting others
- Behaviors that can be harmful to you, like drug or alcohol abuse or cutting
When to Seek Counseling
While counseling might be helpful in numerous situations, there are some conditions in which we would strongly encourage you to seek counseling services:
- You are unhappy on most days or feel a sense of hopelessness
- You worry excessively or are constantly on edge
- You are unable to concentrate on your daily activities
- You are unable to sleep at night or constantly feel tired
- You have experienced a change in your appetite or your weight
- You have experienced a loss (e.g., a relationship breakup, a parent’s death)
- You have increased your use of alcohol or other drugs (including cigarettes)
- You feel overwhelmed by what is going on in your life
- You are having thoughts about hurting yourself or someone else
Individual counseling facilitates the exploration and resolution of personal problems and issues according to the needs of the individual.
The Spiritual Platform®
The Spiritual Platform® is a construct that helps the patients examine their own spiritual strengths as well as deficits that the disease addiction has caused. In this regard, it is helpful to view spirituality not as an attribute which human beings possess but rather as an activity that we do.
Understood in this way, spirituality becomes an existential expression, a doing thing. Admittedly, this is a significant departure from the often-held mystical view of spirituality. However, once we understand that spirituality is something we do, we can be supported in doing it more authentically.
In this context is helpful to conceptualize our Spiritual ability as a Platform supported by four unique activities performed by human beings. These four abilities are our capacity to make conscious choices, our ability to take growth-producing risks, our facility to develop healthy relationships, and our capacity to experience wonder and participate in awe. These “pillars” of spirituality tend to be eroded by the corrosive energy of addictive disease.